Fall Gardening Ideas – Fall has arrived and now it is perfect time to rearrange your garden. There are many things to do before winter comes. Fall is a time to make sure that your yard is in the best shape for the forthcoming year. We hope that the following hints will give you some useful information and ideas of the jobs that need to be done in your yard in the fall season. We will also show you how you can enjoy this season of the year with some gardening tips for you.
1. First of all, get ready for fall clean-up and buy comfortable boots that are slip-resistant to avoid injuries with slippery and wet leaves. These boots are cheap and work great for the purpose of autumn clean-up.
2. Fall is a perfect time to think about the compost. If you start your heap now, your waste will develop into compost over the winter. This compost is great for fertilizing in spring.
3. You should leave any plants that are sturdy and standing as they will give winter cover for any wildlife that visit your yard. Flowers and vegetables that have gone floppy must be cut back.
4. Most of the brushes, fruit, and trees may need pruning in the winter and if you can do these jobs yourself, you will save your money.
5. Do not forget to check your tools. Fall is a perfect time to check if your garden scissors are sharp and see if anything else needs repairing or replacing. Make sure that tools for fall clean-up are well oiled and perfectly preserved.
6. Remember that fall is a very busy time of the year for tree surgeons.
7. For any jobs that you know that you cannot manage yourself, now is the perfect time to book a professional tree surgeon because if you leave it too late, you may find yourself having to rely on the unknown companies that may cause damage to the health of your trees and brushes.
8. You should also check your pear or apple trees if the fruit is ready to be picked.
9. There are many people who grow tomatoes, potatoes and other vegetables in their garden. If you also grow tomatoes, do not forget to check if they have been affected by blight. If they have been affected by it, you should dry them out and then burn instead of adding them to the compost heap.
10. November is a perfect time to do winter digging and remove dead leaves. You should also ventilate your greenhouse (if you have one) when the days are warm and sunny.
11. If you grow vegetables for you and your family members, you need a place to keep all your gardening equipment. Small garden cabins are common buildings in many gardens because they are functional, durable, and sturdy. Of course, there are many different types of garden buildings, but garden shed or log cabin is the most popular choice because of the curb appeal and great look. Most of the people rearrange their garden to be more comfortable and beautiful because it is a place for family and friends to meet and relax.
12. At this time of a year you should raise the height of the mower because the grass tends to grow slower.
13. Carefully pick the plants for your garden and remember that not all the plants in your garden must be moved or removed. You definitely have many beautiful trees, flowers, and bushes, so let them grow in your garden.
14. The birds are used to visit gardens so you can put some bird food for them. Make sure that there aren’t any cats or other predators around.
15. Remember that fall clean-up is not an easy work, so you should avoid various injuries. It is better to warm up and prepare your muscles and bones for the work ahead.
16. Believe it or not, proper posture is a key to your safety. So if you have to lift or move something weighty, do not forget that you have always to put the weight on your knees. If your back feels tired, you should stop working and have a rest.
Now you know a lot about what you can be doing in the fall, it is a great time to start working and get ready for the spring. If you think about the renovation of your garden, you should talk to your family members because your garden is a place for the family to spend their time together. Nowadays, gardening is one of the most common activities in many countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and Germany. Gardening is a mean of relaxing and supplying themselves with fresh vegetables. Don’t miss your chance to have a beautiful garden and don’t forget to take care of it all the time.