Do you want to an attractive walkway to lead way to your beautiful yard or garden? Then a great way to give your garden a new look is to try garden stepping stones in your walkway.
Stepping stones are often used to give a natural looking walkway to your garden through the front door of your home. Stepping stones are considered as a work of art which give your walkway or garden a personalize signature of your lifestyle. Using stepping stone in your lawn for walkway not only personalizes your living style but also an adds touch of beauty to your garden.
A series of steps we have discussed below which could be helpful and you can give a better look to your garden using stepping stones.
1. Marking your lawn: Marking your lawn is the foundation of your walkway. Determine your path which you would like to take. Mark your way in a curved fashion with the help of ropes. While marking your way make sure that you are laying two ropes together side by side.
2. Positioning the stones: Positioning the stones in the marked area is the second important step in creating a walkway. Once you are over with the marking process you need to place the stones in the marked area. Position the stones with a proper distance and fix them properly by placing them in a hole. Make sure that the difference between the stones is 18inches from the hole.
3. Arranging the stones: Arrange the stones with the help of flat spade and give proper spacing. Difference between the rocks helps you to fix them properly in the ground.
4. Removing the stone: Removing the stone from their place helps you to fix the stone in the ground. Dig the outlined area from the spade so that you can fix the stone properly in the ground.
5. Pouring sand: Once you have dug the outlined area, pour about an inch of sand so that the stone will lay flat.
6. Placing the stone: Place the stones in there respective holes.
7. Leveling the stone: Make sure that you have leveled the stones properly in the hole. An oddly fixed stoned can be a cause of accident while walking on the walkway.
8. Tamping the level: Once you have leveled the stone in the ground tamp the area with the soil. Filling the area is of utmost importance because it always gives a proper balance to the stone.
9. Deciding the height of stones: Make sure that you have given same height to all the stones. You may level the height of stones by laying a board.
10. Sweeping the stones: Once you are done with all the process mentioned above sweep the stones and make sure that they are giving a better look.
11. Readjusting the height: You can adjust the height of stones according to your preference. While readjusting the height of stone you need to take out stone and can decide the height of stone by filling up more sand in the area.
Once you are done, leave your walkway for few days so that the stones can sit properly. The best option would be leave it for at least week. Once you confirmed that stones are well fixed in the ground, you are all ready to use your newly made walkway.