Organic Lawn Care – Being able to treat your lawn with the proper care to make it grow healthier, plush-looking and greener requires you to go a little further to get it done. This treatment has become popular because of the eco-friendly green movement, and despite the organic fertilizers acting a bit slow, it still has more benefits to it. Here are a few benefits from organic lawn care:
1. Root growth improvement. Through organic care, nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium are released, and the grass roots absorb them slowly and in small doses. That way, the roots will grow better and stronger.
2. Improves grass quality. Organic treatment helps the grass look lush and green. It also strengthens its defenses by making it less vulnerable to pests and diseases.
3. Improves soil health. It will make the soil retain the moisture longer, aerate it better, improve its texture, enrich it, and make the soil less tight and packed. The soil will also be more porous, crumbly and loose to facilitate growth of grass roots.
4. Organic lawn care helps in the process of photosynthesis. Carbon dioxide, which is an essential component for photosynthesis, is released by organic lawn manure/fertilizers.
5. Less pollution. Since there are no concentrated excretions of nitrogen and other bio-hazardous chemicals which can be harmful to animals, the organic treatment is eco-friendly and creates less pollution of soil and water.
6. Safe for humans, pets and the ecology of the soil. It does not produce any harmful side effect on humans or animals. Organic lawn care also does not destroy the microbes and other organisms that exist in the soil, especially the beneficial or good bacteria that help the plants and the grass.
7. It is biodegradable. The organic fertilizer comes from natural products that do not contain left behind harmful chemical residue.
8. No ‘burning’ or overfeeding. This is a hazard that does not happen with organic fertilizers. For chemical fertilizers, it tends to overload the grass with nutrients, harming it in the long run.
9. Treatment remains longer in the soil. Normally the fertilizers get washed away due to rain or by watering, but with organic treatment, it normally remains longer in the soil and enriches it even more.
10. Cost. The cost can be reduced over time because lawns on organic regimens rely on healthy development to reduce the need for pesticides and herbicides. While at the beginning it can be a bit pricey, the ongoing treatments are normally around the same price as other fertilizers. Also, organic lawns do not need as much treatment.